We currently have several positions for a passionate and dedicated senior developer to join our new office in Hanoi. This is a key role in the Agency:
- Candidates should be extremely competent, with the ability to work on multiple projects within a fast-paced environment.
- They should have experience leading development for the full life-cycle of a project – on spec, on time, on budget
- They should have experience managing and reviewing outsourced technical resource(s)
- They should be passionate about open-source software with a desire to innovate
- Passionate to work, learn and grow with a fast-growing startup.
- They should be commercially minded and results focused in terms of delivering accountable and efficient solutions for clients and cost effective, on time projects for the Agency
- Candidates should be client facing, with strong communication skills, comfortable and credible with customers, capable of presenting complex issues simply to non- technical clients or colleagues
- The candidate will be able to demonstrate proficiency across all coding techniques and web technologies and have a first class knowledge of industry trends, technology trends and best practices
- The candidate will become an expert in the Agency’s chosen technical platform: Magento (eCommmerce)
- Willing to travel when necessary
- Main responsibility will be developing eCommerce applications using Magento and/or other platforms.
- Development of responsive websites and applications using the framework and technologies of PHP, HTML5, Laravel, WordPress, jQuery, JS, Angular JS, AJAX, CSS, when required
- Support and maintenance of existing ecommerce sites.
- Unix/Linux server and database administration. Experience with AWS is an advantage
Necessary skill set includes:
- Degree in anything and can demonstrate your skill.
- 2 ~ 5 years’ or above experiences in web application development and maintenance
- Good knowledge of using Zend Framework or similar MVC framework.
- Familiar with Scrum project management methodology
- Experience working with APIs and code versioning (SVN,git, mercurial)
- Magento Certified Developer and/or working with Magento Enterprise version are a definite plus
- Frontend development experience is a definite advantage
- Knowledge of other framework/language such as Java, Python, Angular JS, etc is desireable
- Familiarity with testing tools such as Selenium or others is a plus
- Writing detailed technical specs and documentation
- Project Planning / Solution / Testing
- Excellent understanding of browser capabilities, responsive and issues
- Clean, well commented code.
- SEO awareness.
- Understand Agile methodology and instill best practices into the process
Benefits.. The Best Part!
Though we are small, our benefits rival bigger companies because we strongly believe in treating our employees well and when our employees succeed, the company succeeds.
On top of the usual benefits that 99% of other companies give , we offer
- Flexible hours – If you dislike 9 to 5, no worries come in early or later. Leave early when you are done. Stay late if you need to.
- Unlimited Leave Days – Really??! Yeah .. the only thing we ask is to take them responsibly.
- No Dress Code – except when meeting clients…otherwise, make yourselves at home though birthday suits are strictly forbidden. Reserve that for your birthday! Oh and did we mention that you get a day-off too?
- Entertainment – Please listen to music, sing and make merry if it helps you focus and engaged. No drinking though..
- Shares – Top performers will be rewarded with a share of the company no matter what discipline and position.
- Self-Improvement – We set aside a portion of your working hours for you to go and improve yourselves. Take that Python class or immerse yourself in a Virtual Reality course. Learn new skills as long as it fits into our vision.
Like what you see so far?
Please respond with the following:
• Current Salary and Salary Expectations including Benefits
• Notification period for your current job, if applicable
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED. THOSE WITH PROJECT MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE CAN APPLY FOR PROJECT MANAGER POSITION.